15 Minutes to Ragi Dosa
One of the most staple foods in South Indian states is Ragi. It is the key ingredient for endless tasty and healthy recipes. Ragi Dosa is one of the most popular breakfast recipes in Karnataka. This Kannada cuisine takes just 15 minutes to prepare. Green coconut chutney and red chili coconut completes this lip smacking dish.
How to make Ragi Dosa in few simple steps
- Prepare the batter by mixing rice flour, ragi flour, curd and green chilies.
- Thick batter is not preferred. It must have a pouring consistency like buttermilk. Add water and salt to get the same. Let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Add chopped onions and coriander leaves to get that supreme taste.
- A Dosa batter is incomplete without good tempering. To make one, add mustard seeds. As soon as it starts to crackle, sprinkle some cumin seeds and curry leaves. Remove it from the flame and add it with the batter.
- Heat nonstick tawa on medium flame. Smear oil on the surface and pour a ladle full batter from the centre to the edges in circular motion. Make sure you keep some spaces in between to allow it to cook perfectly. Sprinkle oil on the edges of dosa until the colour on the top surface changes to brown.
- Use a spatula to flip the side and cook evenly for approximately 40-50 seconds.
- Ragi Dosa is now ready to serve. To make it even more tempting serve it with coconut chutney.
Tips to make it perfect.
- Sprinkle few drops of water over the tawa, if it evaporates immediately then the tawa is good to go.
- Try not to use regular type of tawa, because dosa batter will stick on the pan and it would be difficult to flip it over.
- Add vegetables according to taste. This will not only increase the health quotient but will also make it tasty.